Baby birds

Lisa writes: The robin's eggs on our front porch hatched over the weekend! There were four eggs and I've spied at least two babies. Click pics to enlarge.


The one on the left is sleeping on its belly with its tail up in the air, a lot like my nephew. The one in the middle, I can't figure out which end is up.



The momma robin is a very good momma, but I think she's about had it with me spying on her.





We're busting out in baby birds all over the place. This is the next door neighbor's carport. They took down these closet doors with the intent of refinishing them, but before they could get around to it, a blue jay built a next on top. Check out the impressive size of that thing! The robin's nest is grass and mud and Christmas tree tinsel. The blue jay used small branches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein