Deb's wedding: Series 1 of probably many

Lisa writes: My sister Debbie married Kellen on Saturday. We had the whole gang out for the wedding, which was fantastic. There were several new babies to meet and 2nd cousins to get reacquainted with.

Pictures below are from the camera of my 12 year old niece, Madison. Click any picture to enlarge.


Portrait of the artist.






My parents spent weeks practicing their tango for the reception.






New niece Evelyn crawled up on Breanna's lap and fell asleep.









The happy couple immediately after the ceremony. Kellen is wearing a traditional shirt and tie from Mexico.




His parents and her parents.




Evelyn and mom, my sister Lori.







Christi's family picture, with some Donny and Dad interference.









Siblings and the new sibling-in-law.




Christi and Evelyn at the reception.




Christian and Kellen at the reception. Kellen is wearing a full mariachi outfit from the area where his dad grew up. (Note the interesting mirrored effect from the crazy camera.)


Christian greeting guests on the way in, wearing Kellen's hat.




But it's never really a party until the mariachis arrive. (Kellen's dad singing.)

Comments

Lois said…
How exciting! I knew that Debbie had just finished her missionary work, but didn't realize that she was getting married this soon. What's the story behind the couple? Did they meet during Debbie's mission? Where in Mexico is Kellen's dad from?
I was in a friend's wedding in Mexico (Sabinas,Coahuila) back in 1980 and they had a mariachi band,too. And now that I think of it,the bride's dad and his two brothers also sang at the reception!
Harmony said…
Oh man, I can tell we missed out on some fun! Between the rain and the sick, cranky kids, I figured we'd better skip the party. Sorry I missed you this time around.
Jamie said…
I wish I had a Mexican BIL! I miss the culture so much...loved the photos, Debbie's dress is lovely, and mariachis? I am ENVIOUS! Where was the wedding?

Anyway, yay! that looks way fun.
Lisa said…
Jamie, the wedding was held at the center of hispanoamerican culture, Lindon, Utah.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein