Waste not, want not

Lisa writes: A friend gave me some goodies from her garden. What should I do with a whole bunch of rosemary and oregano? Any recommendations?

Comments

Tamary said…
Baked chicken? Brush with oil and use the rosemary, anyway. I'm not sure if the oregano would go well in the mix. You could always use the oregano in spaghetti sauce or on garlic bread. Mmmm, now I'm hungry.
Lisa said…
The problem is that a little oregano goes a long way, and I have a LOT. Now basil, for example, you can use by the bunches. Run it through the food processor with some garlic and parmesean and eat up the pesto with a spoon. Oregano? Not so tasty by the spoonful.
Kayla Casos said…
Dry it. Then you can use oregano throughout the year. I have a tasty marinade for pork that uses fresh oregano. I'll look around for it and send it your way.
Kayla Casos said…
That is me HOLLY, not my daughter Kayla who keeps highjacking my computer!
Jen said…
Late to the party, Lisa, but you can stuff the oregano into ice cube trays, fill them with water, and freeze them. Next time you need it, defrost, dump in soup, etc.

When I have a lot of general herbs, I pre-make and freeze bouquet garni.

Also, get your Greek on. They use oregano like there is no tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein