Professional Lovebirds
Lisa writes: Much thanks to Tom's coworker friends who gave us the gift certificate to "Two Quail Restaurant" in D.C. We finally used it on Saturday night and it was a fun and funny evening. The restaurant is located in a string of 100+ year old rowhouses just East of Capitol. It's a tiny, winding maze of little rooms and hallways, stuffed with Victorian knick-knacks. I looked up a few reviews of the place, and it seems like the interior decorating serves as sort of a Shibboleth of the romantic state of mind of the visitor. Lovebirds thought it was "The Most Romantic Restaurant in D.C." The more prosaic thought it looked like "Jessica McClintock meets Miss Havisham and Morticia Addams." Happily, Tom and I always fall on the more smoochy side of the scale.The most entertaining part of the decorations, though, is provided by the lovestruck patrons who tuck away little love notes into these heart-shaped boxes located all over the place. They are on the tables, on the walls, and hanging from the cupid-shaped chandeliers. "I am here with the love of my life and for the first time I am speechless." "This is our 2-month anniversary and he is so wonderful." It's all very silly and makes you embarrassed for those other silly people, so you have to write your own note to show them how it's done.
Comments