More house pics

Lisa writes: More house pics. I mowed the lawn last night and we broke in the washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher over the weekend. We've met a couple of the neighbors. We've got stuff in the storage shed. We've used both of the bathrooms. We've crawled over every inch of the upstairs floors (pulling tacks). It's starting to feel a little bit more like our house.

Yucky scrap of yucky decaying carpet pad (click on it to see it in even greater yucky detail)


Yucky carpet rolled up


Kitchen full 'o stuff


Exteriorfront2. Click on this one. I like the jaunty little black stars on the two front bedroom windows.


Carport -- complete with cars!


Shed


Patio1


Dang, thems some big trees


Planting beds


Exteriorback1


Exteriorfront1


Ethernet-ready. Tom was excited to see this.


Custom-bound carpet in the basement. Why?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Speaking of yucky carpet...When Briean and Jon moved into their new house they thought the carpet was light brown. When they started ripping up the carpet to put in the new, they found a piece that had been under metal threshold (you know that piece that holds down the edge of the carpet when you go from carpet to tile...whatever it's called) and found out the carpet was originally BEIGE, almost white. That's how dirty the carpet was! EEWWW! Cleaning that house went downhill from there. We had a contest to see who could find the weirdest thing in the weirdest place. Mom found a marble and an earring in the dishwasher. I found band-aids and pony tail holders in the bath tub drain. Jon found a "Days of Thunder" soundtrack tape in the crawlspace in his "office." There were Barbie shoes, crayons, and paper in the air conditioner vents in the kids rooms. I got to keep all the change we found in the vents. (Made 75 cents one day!) There were a LOT of beer bottle caps found in the air vents as well as around the yard. I think the weirdest thing we found was a baby's blanket in the ash removal door of the fireplace.

Happy New House!

Love,
Kris

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein