Chipmunk lament

Lisa writes: Ooooooooooh, chipmunks. What am I going to do with you? I can't catch you. You are too light to trigger my trap. I can't kill you. It would make Tom cry. The neighborhood cats have no interest in you. (And yet you look so tasty.) You will eat the roots of the plants I want to grow. Our backyard is one big, spongy warren of burrows. One of these days, I'm going to walk across the lawn and and sink up to my knees.

You were not here when we bought this house. Why are you here now? And what will it take to get you to go away?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I understand. With us it is deer - about 8 that we need to LEAVE. The Easter snow is gone. We have had two beautiful days (68 degrees). What was hiding under the snow is not a pretty site.

Love, Mom
Jen said…
Reverse psychology? Can you throw them a welcoming party with tasty nuts and tempting fruits?

Or straight up psychology? Throw the above party, slam a box over as many as you can, and dump them in a nearby preserve?

On another note, I would love to see a squirrel. They have puffy tails.
Anonymous said…
Are you sure the "spongy warren" is caused by the chipmunks? It could be moles. (Sorry to give you something else to worry about!)
Lisa said…
We've never _seen_ a mole. How can you tell if it's moles?

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein