Dad goes to the dentist
Lisa writes: My dad, the dentist, had to finally have one of his wisdom teeth removed. He's been carefully guarding all 4 of them for his entire adult life, but a couple of weeks ago, one of them finally tried to make a run for it. He had to cancel patients in order to go to the oral surgeon. I wondered if they might be upset that their appointments were cancelled but my mom (his office manager) assured me that they all thought it was hilarious that their dentist had to go to the dentist. I think the word I'm looking for here is "comeuppance."
Dad got a fancy new phone with a tiny little keyboard. When he's in the mood, he's a prolific text messager. Here are his post-surgery reports:
12:45 p.m. "Medical report w/o sarcasm. No real pain. Still partially numb. Starting to swell. Bleeding appears to have stopped. I'm hoping to have full feeling back tomorrow. Otherwise temporary paraesthesia for several months. See? No sarchasm."
12:53 p.m. "Order of calls received after surgery: Tom, Christi, Donny, still waiting on last call [that would be Lori] No whining when the will is read."
12:58 p.m. "I'm still drugged. I can't spell sarcasm."
1:06 p.m. "Tim P. just checked in. Sorry Lori, this isn't looking too good for you. Although he did tell mom to, "Take care of that good OLD boy." I'm still pondering that one. Order of the will is still in flux."
11:40 p.m. "Order of will goes cutest on. I win."
Dad got a fancy new phone with a tiny little keyboard. When he's in the mood, he's a prolific text messager. Here are his post-surgery reports:
12:45 p.m. "Medical report w/o sarcasm. No real pain. Still partially numb. Starting to swell. Bleeding appears to have stopped. I'm hoping to have full feeling back tomorrow. Otherwise temporary paraesthesia for several months. See? No sarchasm."
12:53 p.m. "Order of calls received after surgery: Tom, Christi, Donny, still waiting on last call [that would be Lori] No whining when the will is read."
12:58 p.m. "I'm still drugged. I can't spell sarcasm."
1:06 p.m. "Tim P. just checked in. Sorry Lori, this isn't looking too good for you. Although he did tell mom to, "Take care of that good OLD boy." I'm still pondering that one. Order of the will is still in flux."
11:40 p.m. "Order of will goes cutest on. I win."
Comments
I told him Ponderosa Steak House was going out of business. He wrote back: "All the old steaks are 1/2 off."
I told him I saw a dental school t-shirt that said, "Be nice to me. I'll be your dentist some day." Dad wrote back: "Tell him nobody has any sympathy for dentists. Oh, they might act nice if we're hurt, but really they're laughing inside."