Laie, Hawaii

Lisa writes: The Laie Temple is open again after a two-year renovation. It looks fantastic -- beautiful stained glass and painted details on the inside.





Next stop: The Polynesian Cultural Center. We had to spear and kill our own dinner. It's a very authentic native experience.








Christian is about to turn 10. How far in advance to they send out the Hogwarts acceptance letters?









Dinner, courtesy of Dad. ("And for this very slow wild hog, we give thee thanks...")


I'm kidding. Nobody speared anything. This was the luau. Kailua pork is good; poi is not.


Tom and his mom, lei'd up.


Mom and Dad at the new PCC show, "Ha: Breath of Life." It was just as good as everything they've ever put on. Anything with guys in ti leaf skirts spinning flaming batons is always a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein