Where in the World are Lisa's Parents: Steamboat Springs
Lisa's mom writes: No patients today. "Let's go take a hike in Steamboat Springs." We have lived in Colorado over 20 years. We are having a nice time. I was so surprised at how big Steamboat springs is. It is a town of over 12,000 with all the usual stores. The drive up ~ through Woodland Park, Breckenridge and I-70 back to Silverthorne to route 9 brought amazing scenery all the way. On the last part, I could not believe the views and how we were surrounded by mountains on four sides. Their were lots of big farming areas. I said, "Look at all the cows." Dad smiled, "Which of our kids on one of their first road trips saw cows and said, "Look! Wild Cows!"




The waterfall we hiked to this evening was not far. Tomorrow we may check out the hot springs up the mountain that gave the first visitors to this area the impression that a steamboat was on river. When they did figure it out, they thought "Steamboat Springs" would be a good name for the town.




The waterfall we hiked to this evening was not far. Tomorrow we may check out the hot springs up the mountain that gave the first visitors to this area the impression that a steamboat was on river. When they did figure it out, they thought "Steamboat Springs" would be a good name for the town.
Comments