Christi in Samoa
Lisa's sister Christi wrote on Facebook from Samoa: Boy, you really hit the ground running around here! The clinic is nicer than I expected, but the mouths are much worse. The dentist just spends all day pulling teeth and I spend all day digging "coral" out to find teeth. It's amazing how tough these people are, even the little kids. We have no pain meds to even give them. There was a 9 year old boy here this morning that walked half way across the island with his 80 year grandma. He had an abscessed tooth the size of Samoa! He patiently sat here for 3 hours before it was his turn. He was just all smiles and "thank you's." His tooth was too infected to even get numb, so he just squeezed the rugby ball I brought while he had it extracted...he never even flinched! And, he just kept thanking us. It's very humbling to say the least. It just makes you wish there was more you could do.
Comments