Dad's car accident: Update
Lisa's mom writes (from Utah, while Dad is in Colorado): Lisa -
I don't know if you called Dad today. FYI from here in Logan.
Dad got everything out of the car with the help of the police. It was most of his day. He says he is feeling better. He had a cold before all of this so his nose was already stuffed up. Now he can not blow his nose "just pat." He has drainage - Lori had the name - of the fluid and blood from the stitches area and it is very sore. He is waiting to see if the teeth get better and needs the veneer on the one tooth.
When he mentioned the airbag not going off, the police woman say your airbags only work when you are hit from the front or side. Dad said, "I paid for air bags to protect in an accident...." We are looking a good, safe car. Dad said the back of the car was pushed all the way up into front middle seat and any grandkids in the backseat would have been killed.
I just told him how grateful I was that it wasn't any worse. I was thinking off him (woke with a 4 am nightmare). Dad said, "Yes, you could have been hurt." He was thinking of me. I shared this with Christi and she said, "Christian said the same thing, that Gramma could have been hurt." Made my day that both my guys first thought of me.
Christian and I wrapped Madi's gifts and she is feeling and shaking them. :) Christi and I will take her to lunch (30 min) and we will all have a little party and opening presents tomorrow after school.. I sure miss not being able to be there for Dad but it is all working out and he is getting lots of sleep. We have a light load at the dental office tomorrow. I have to remind him to go get his glasses too.
I love you, Mom
I don't know if you called Dad today. FYI from here in Logan.
Dad got everything out of the car with the help of the police. It was most of his day. He says he is feeling better. He had a cold before all of this so his nose was already stuffed up. Now he can not blow his nose "just pat." He has drainage - Lori had the name - of the fluid and blood from the stitches area and it is very sore. He is waiting to see if the teeth get better and needs the veneer on the one tooth.
When he mentioned the airbag not going off, the police woman say your airbags only work when you are hit from the front or side. Dad said, "I paid for air bags to protect in an accident...." We are looking a good, safe car. Dad said the back of the car was pushed all the way up into front middle seat and any grandkids in the backseat would have been killed.
I just told him how grateful I was that it wasn't any worse. I was thinking off him (woke with a 4 am nightmare). Dad said, "Yes, you could have been hurt." He was thinking of me. I shared this with Christi and she said, "Christian said the same thing, that Gramma could have been hurt." Made my day that both my guys first thought of me.
Christian and I wrapped Madi's gifts and she is feeling and shaking them. :) Christi and I will take her to lunch (30 min) and we will all have a little party and opening presents tomorrow after school.. I sure miss not being able to be there for Dad but it is all working out and he is getting lots of sleep. We have a light load at the dental office tomorrow. I have to remind him to go get his glasses too.
I love you, Mom
Comments