Names we didn't choose
Lisa writes: Giving somebody a name is a big responsibility. That's the identity they're going to be stuck with, for better or worse, for the rest of their lives. So we spent a big part of our waiting time thinking about names. Well, truth be told, I let Tom do all of the creative heavy lifting and I just shot down his ideas. Here were some of the contenders:
Manuel -- Tom's first and most dearly-held suggestion
Emmanuel -- Tom's concession when I shot down Manuel
Samuel
Gabriel
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Peter
Paul
Thomas
Patrick
Charles
Joseph
Carlito -- Trudi's idea, a Spanish-ized diminutive of Tom's dad's name
Chancho -- Mike Valle's hilariously awful suggestion that we'll probably sometimes use as a nickname just because it's funny
Yes, James is sounding better and better.
Manuel -- Tom's first and most dearly-held suggestion
Emmanuel -- Tom's concession when I shot down Manuel
Samuel
Gabriel
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Peter
Paul
Thomas
Patrick
Charles
Joseph
Carlito -- Trudi's idea, a Spanish-ized diminutive of Tom's dad's name
Chancho -- Mike Valle's hilariously awful suggestion that we'll probably sometimes use as a nickname just because it's funny
Yes, James is sounding better and better.
Comments