James is 14 weeks old: James <3's you!

He really does. He just has short thumbs.
Lisa writes: James can now roll from front to back, sleep for up to 5 or 6 hours at a stretch (sometimes), eat 6 ounces in a sitting, express himself with all sorts of noises, blow spit bubbles, recognize us (I think), and attentively sit through being read a short picture book, and tolerate up to 10 minutes of tummy-time at a stretch. He doesn't have a check-up for another month, but I'm pretty sure he's 12 lbs and 24 inches long. His chin-length, Elvis-style mutton-chops have disappeared, as has a lot of his baby hair around the sides of his head. Tom often styles his hair into a "faux-hawk" but if the sides keep disappearing it's going to be a mohawk for real.

We've learned some new tricks too. We're better at distinguishing the hungry cry from the tired cry from the poopy cry. We can both mix up a bottle one-handed. We have mastered the ninja-swaddle, i.e. a swaddle he can't wiggle out of in 5 minutes. Tom discovered that humming a low tone with your face pressed against his head will often calm him. I discovered that rubbing circles with your fingertips on the top of his head will often put him to sleep. If you've made these discoveries yourself, don't tell us! Our delicate parenting egos need these tiny victories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein