Debbie's 1st week as a high school Spanish teacher
Lisa's sister Debbie writes: I survived my first week of school! W00t! In fact, I think I did quite a bit better than some of the other teachers when they took away our 2nd planning period the day before school. Tough times.
Anywho, I asked the kids to buy flash cards and only like 3 in each class actually did. The rest are just writing it down on a piece of paper.
I got a Spanish-speaking TA. Free labor! So I'm re-visiting the idea of providing flash cards. They're 200/$1 at Dollar Tree. I need 50,000. If I ask my TA to cut each card into 3, then I would spend $80 per semester. Not too bad. I have big envelopes and elastics or Ziploc baggies. Don't need a donation. Just thought I'd let you know that your brilliant plan is not in vain.
Anywho, I asked the kids to buy flash cards and only like 3 in each class actually did. The rest are just writing it down on a piece of paper.
I got a Spanish-speaking TA. Free labor! So I'm re-visiting the idea of providing flash cards. They're 200/$1 at Dollar Tree. I need 50,000. If I ask my TA to cut each card into 3, then I would spend $80 per semester. Not too bad. I have big envelopes and elastics or Ziploc baggies. Don't need a donation. Just thought I'd let you know that your brilliant plan is not in vain.
Comments