After church on Sunday

Lisa writes: I never thought I'd forget what James was like when he was little, but already I look at Joseph and I try to remember James at the same age and the memories are gone. So here's a picture of exactly what every after-Sunday looked like in November 2017 when they were 3 1/2 and 13 months old. They come home and immediately dump all of the toys out of both buckets and start spreading them across the living room and into the kitchen. James likes pulling all of the pillow off the couches and making forts or jumping into them from the couch arms. He likes jumping on top of or off of that big, gray crate. He narrates conversations between his dinosaurs, although he'll stop immediately if he catches you listening in. The other day I was in the kitchen and he was in the living room and I asked him what he was doing. "Playing with dinosaurs," he called back. "What are the dinosaurs doing?" I asked. "Just talking," he said.

 Joseph likes banging things together, pulling shoes out of the shoe rack by the door, or putting little objects into the wooden shape sorting box. He's pretty good about not putting things in his mouth. We have a couple of toys that play music, and he'll always stop whatever he's doing and dance to them for a few seconds. (Dancing means swaying back and forth; maybe clapping.)

James is pretty careful not to hurt Joseph, although he'll grab things away from him in a heartbeat. Joseph is pretty careful to stay out of harm's way, and he's developed a loud and instant reaction to having things taken away from him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein