Busy Saturday
Lisa writes: Saturday was a super, super busy day. On Friday, James was reporting that it "pinched" when he went pee pee so Saturday morning we tried to go to the pediatrician's office to check for a UTI. But it was surprisingly closed. So, instead, we went to Urgent Care in Springfield. Diagnosis: no infection; preschooler drama.
While we were at that complex, we walked around the corner and went to Chipotle for lunch and then around the corner again to the optometrist for Tom and get a new prescription. While Tom was getting his eyes examined, James and Joseph and I went over to Whole Foods and tried out all the samples, squeeze some oranges for orange juice, ground some peanuts for peanut butter, and ate most of a package of organic blueberries. We came home to give Joseph a nap.
James and I went to the library to turn in his summer reading program worksheet and collect his reward booklet. While we were there, I left him in the dinosaur section to go look for a book that Tom had requested. It wasn't where I thought it would be or any other place where I thought it would be and by the time I got back to James I found him walking through the stacks, holding the librarian's hand, and weeping. It was very sad. We had to sit and hug for a while until he was better. After a few minutes, James felt good enough to annoy the little girl who was sitting with her mother in front of us. He hid her puzzle pieces under her chair. She didn't mind.
We stopped at McDonald's to get his reading reward soft serve ice cream cone. Then we went home, changed as quickly as humanly possible, and went to Mass. At Mass, Joseph was an angel: James, not so much. He and I spent most of the time outside on the bench. We call it "cookie church" because he usually gets a cookie reward after the end of the service, but tonight he got nothing. Better luck next time.
Comments