Letter to Madison

Lisa writes: I send emails to my niece, Madison, who is in college.

Dear Schmadison,

Sorry! I have missed more months than I realized! Time flies when you're ... doing laundry?

 We are in the runup to Christmas vacation. I work at a community college and their winter break goes from December 20 to January 2. James's school gets off January 21. Joseph's daycare closes for vacation at about the same time (should probably check on the exact date ... mental note). Tom, in the other hand, has a grown-up job that never takes time off. Let this be a warning to you kids who aspire to be grown ups. There is noooo summer or winter vacation in Grown Up Land.

 Anyway, we did our Amazon Christmas shopping last night. James asked Santa for -- and I quote -- "a hundred of dinosaurs and a hundred of airplanes and a hundred of rocket ships." That was a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to make sure his list hadn't changed before I pressed BUY, so I asked him last night what he asked Santa for. He looked at me seriously, paused, and said, "He knows."

So he's getting a dozen of dinosaurs and one of construction kits and one of a fishing toy for the bathtub.

Joseph is getting a ... I don't even know how to explain what this thing is. It's like a medium-sized yellow plastic construction vehicle and you put a t-ball sized ball in the middle part and then when you push the truck the ball pops out of the front of the vehicle and it flashes lights and makes sounds and I'm giving myself a seizure just trying to describe it.

He's also getting some shark bath toys.

Tom and I got each other a new dishwasher for Christmas. Hark the herald angels sing / now our dishes are all clean. 

Love, Aunt Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein