James turns 12!

Last night, Tom and I hung streamers and blew up a bunch of balloons and then constructed this crazy door surprise with flattened trash bags. It's full of balloons and the idea is that when he opened the door, the suction would make all the balloons blow into his bedroom. A fun surprise at 7 a.m.; a terrifying surprise at 2 a.m. if you're just getting up for a glass of water. Luckily, he slept through the night.



Is that leftover Christmas wrapping paper? Why, yes. Yes, it is.


He got shirts and sugar cereal from Tom and me, Minecraft bucks from family money gifts, and a Nerf bow and arrow set from Joseph.


He also got to stay home all morning and play Minecraft while Joseph went to Spring Break day camp.

After Joseph got home, we met up with all the boys in James' class at a trampoline place and then went next door to the little park for cake and ice cream. From left to right: Santa, James, Max, Zahir, Leo, Zahir's little brother Yohan, Joseph, and I love the little extra guy who joined them on the bench. He reminded me a lot of baby James ten years ago.


Naturally, we wrapped up the right with soccer practice. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy birthday James and hugs for everyone - Barbara and Dave in Vermont.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein