And, lo, they were sore afraid
Lisa writes: Tom and I have been pulled into the ward Activities Committee just in time for the ward Christmas party. Traditionally, this involves a roast ham, green bean casserole, and kids in bathrobes singing Christmas carols. THIS year, the theme is "A Night in Bethlehem" and is going to involve 250 people in period costume with bags of pennies going from wooden booth to wooden booth to "buy" their meals of pilaf and fruit and then sitting on blankets on the floor to eat.
Ah, 2005. It was all so simple then. Here is the Colorado Springs' ward Nativity, featuring my niece, Madison, as Second Sheep from the Left.
(End of December follow-up: The activity was just as labor-intensive as I imagined, but it went GREAT. I don't think I can ethically recommend to anybody that they put on an activity like this, but if you know of another ward that it doing it, it would be worth your while to get yourself invited. The two best parts were
* When my brilliant and extremely tall husband saved the day by figuring out how to hang the gigantic painted mural that had been created for the occasion.
* When everybody was in the gym, staking out spots on their floor for their families, and going around buying their food items from the vendors. Tom and I looked at each other and said, "It's working!" And it totally was.
So, just to clarify: I don't really want to do it again, but I'm glad we did it once.)
Comments