Lug nuts

Lisa writes: You know what it means when your tire is going "wunka wunka wunka"? It means one of the ding-dongs at the auto repair shop you took your car to two weeks ago because the brakes were making that winter squealing noise forgot to tighten two of the lug nuts and they have fallen off. At least, that's been my experience today.

Comments

Tom said…
Actually, it turns out that there can be other causes, too. Yesterday all of the area's snow turned to ice and I had to do some off-roading to get out of my parking spot. The car made a similar noise and felt like I was driving on a washboard. I wondered if I had done big damage. Turns out that the ice got into the rim. Fortunately, the solution was simple and cheap: let the ice melt. A day or so in warmer sun and the problem has gone away. Hooray!

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein