Nine years ago
Lisa writes: Our first Valentine's Day together was 1998. Tom made reservations at Clyde's at Tyson's Corner and we dressed up, had a lovely dinner, and then went to watch my roommate's college basketball team play (and lose). I was wearing a new top for the occasion: a form-fitting dark green top that I kept hidden under an ugly brown and orange sweater all night because I was too self-conscious to unzip the sweater.
The next year, I spent Valentine's alone with a bouquet of red roses that Tom ordered for me while he was away for a week-long retreat of silence. That's a whole other story.
Tonight, we're headed back to the same Clyde's. Not quite so dressed up -- or self-conscious -- this time. There was a ice storm last night and we've been home playing hookey for two days now.
Happy Valentine's Day!
The next year, I spent Valentine's alone with a bouquet of red roses that Tom ordered for me while he was away for a week-long retreat of silence. That's a whole other story.
Tonight, we're headed back to the same Clyde's. Not quite so dressed up -- or self-conscious -- this time. There was a ice storm last night and we've been home playing hookey for two days now.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Comments