Baby bummer

Lisa writes: We had an ultrasound yesterday morning and found out we're not quite as pregnant as we thought we were. This is going to get technical, so I shall use illustrations to explain the complicated medical terminology.

Illustration 1: The artistic rendering to the right is a very near likeness of what you should see at an 8 week ultrasound. The dark circle is the embryonic sac, and you can clearly see the fetus contained within.




Illustration 2: The next picture shows what we saw while peering into the monitor yesterday. The house was ready, but nobody was home.

So what now? We wait for a while, then try again. This is the part where Tom whines, "It's sooo much work."

Poor Tom. Poor, poor Tom.

Tom sputters: It's not like that! I just take my spousal responsibilities very seriously!

Less tongue in cheek, we want to thank those of you who have wished us well with this development. So far, it has seemed like many of you have taken the news harder than we have. I think part of this is due to the good work of the doctor who gave us the news. From the moment he walked in the room to conduct the ultrasound, he seemed like someone I could trust. And when he gave us the news, he allayed many of our fears before we before we had even had a chance to start identifying them. The reality of it all may hit us harder later on, but for the moment we remain optimistic.

Comments

Heidi Totten said…
Awww, again I am so sorry. And indeed - poor Tom.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein