In virtual space, no one can hear you squeal with excitement

Lisa writes: Last night, Tom said, "It's fun being little celebrities again." Both of us are generally kind of low-news people, so when something big happens -- like when we got engaged -- it was fun to have all the attention. (But after a while it gets exhausting and then it's fun to finally just get married.)

Click "Comments" to read some samples of the electronic feedback our latest announcement has generated. Thanks for sending so much love our way.

Comments

Lisa said…
DQ: I love it when I can say I told you so ... My [husband] picked up on something when you came over for dinner in December and wouldn't drink alcohol. I suppose it doesn't take a genius to come to that conclusion, but I told him, "If they're not pregnant, they're trying. So I expect to hear something in March." [Lisa writes: Diana, I don't ever drink. But that was a very good guess!]

MF: Congratulations and how exciting. Guess you'll get to make a quilt you actually get to keep.

MB: Congratulations!!! Now you can take over the world with mini Lisas and Toms.

JB: I hear many congratulations are in order - anniversary, potential homes, little babies....How much more news can you pack into a month? I'm waiting to hear that you've been appointed to the Presidential Committee on Good News.

KB: Talk about getting your priorities straight!!!!!!!! Babies always trump houses. That said......AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Delighted scream!) I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to have another little "farm hand" to visit me!

JB: YIPPEE, CONGRATULATIONS, WAHOOOO, and SUPER YEAH to you about your wee little babe!

ET: Ah, when I close my eyes I can see your glowing face (yes, the surge in hormones causes that pregnancy glow)...

AG: I was just thinking, hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm “I wonder when they are going to have a kid…?” Well, 9 years and 6 mos is definitely enough time to get to that point……..

MM: So are you going to make a baby quilt for yourself now? I would offer but it would not be up to your quality standards.

And finally, CS wrote:

At the beginning of the 20th century, F. M. Bareham wrote the following:

"A century ago men were following with bated breath the march of Napoleon and waiting with feverish impatience for news of the wars. And all the while in their homes babies were being born. But who could think about babies? Everybody was thinking about battles.

"In one year between Trafalgar and Waterloo there stole into the world a host of heroes: Gladstone was born in Liverpool ; Tennyson at the Somersby Rectory, and Oliver Wendell Holmes in Massachusetts . Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky , and music was enriched by the advent of Felix Mendelssohn in Hamburg ."

"But nobody thought of babies, everybody was thinking of battles. Yet which of the battles of 1809 mattered more than the babies of 1809? We fancy God can manage his world only with great battalions, when all the time he is doing it with beautiful babies.

"When a wrong wants righting, or a truth wants preaching, or a continent wants discovering, God sends a baby into the world to do it."
Dear Lisa and Tom, We are very happy with this great news. That is most wonderful.

We are going to Ohio for the graduation of Jeremy in Physics at OSU. He is getting a PhD. His field is nanotechnology. Peter, his twin is going as well as Brenda who's son you held 16 years ago in Korea. She also went to Peter's graduation with her husband Clark.

Please let us know your telephone number. We would like to call you. Love, Haven and Carol Ann

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein