Mein Doppelganger brasilianisch (or My Brazilian Twin)

Tom writes: Lisa was telling some friends of ours the other day about how strange it is that wherever you go, people are still the same. For example, when she was in the Dominican Republic, there was a woman there who, but for slightly darker skin, could have been her mother. Or how Elison, a good friend of mine in Brazil, might as well be my long-lost twin: we kind of look alike, talk alike, and even think alike. Yet, it was kind of a surprise to hear from him today that he is thinking about trying to get into his country's diplomatic corp. Many years ago (or at least so it seems), I had similar career aspirations. In retrospect, nothing came of them for me (luckily, because I probably would not have met Lisa if I had been stationed in Chile). Maybe Elison will have different luck and I can live vicariously through him...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein