I'm sensing a theme
Lisa writes: And then today our houseguests locked us out of the house. All together, there are four different keys to get into the house and Tom and I only usually carry one of them. Because we live here, we know to only lock one of them. But the houseguests, sweet and kind and concerned for the safety and security of our lovely home, locked EVERYTHING before they left this morning. I came home, reacted poorly, called Tom at work (he reacted ... better) and then sat in my car and nibbled on wilting and melting Costco groceries until Tom came home. He discovered the tiniest bathroom window was unlocked and could be slid open. He borrowed a ladder from the neighbor and was dead set on defying the laws of physics to stuff himself through that window when I convinced him to wait until I scoured the neighborhood for small boys. I found one. We tossed the small boy through the window. (Kid's reaction upon being notified of his assignment? "COOL!") He unlocked the door. We didn't have to pay a locksmith. We're going to get copies of the rest of the keys made. All is well. Next week's theme will be: How Lisa and Tom Are Smart and Organized and Stop Doing Stupid Things to Their House. Or Plumbing. (Note: These two topics are mutually exclusive.)
Comments