When the cat's away

Tom writes: Man have I been having a blast these last few days! In an unexpected last-minute whirl of plans, Lisa headed out to Colorado Springs on Saturday to spend time with her family. So I have been batching it, just like the good ol' days. Just don't tell Lisa how much fun it's been without her. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm going to give you over 6,000 words worth of details about living it up, Northern Virginia style (you may want to click on the pictures to get the full effect of the joy in my eyes):


Saturday morning I had a great walk in Old Town Alexandria. (by myself)


Then I came home and mowed the lawn (by myself)


and tried planting some grass (by myself)


I also watched "Remember the Titans" (by myself)



This was me heading off to work this morning. No cats to kiss good-bye.


And this was my yummy supper tonight, with all my friends gathered 'round and raising heck. And no - that is not cereal! My friends made me a wonderful saag paneer. Yessirree.

But remember, mums the word - Lisa will have my neck if she sees how much fun I had without her...

Comments

Heidi Totten said…
She asked if she should leave you freezer meals, but I told her you would fend for yourself. Looks like it has been one giant party!
Anonymous said…
You should have looked up my brother Russell who lives right near where you walked!!! You'd like him and have a lot in common: smart, kind, and handsome.
Lisa said…
It's okay, folks! He's all better now. (P.S. "Batching" means "behaving like a bachelor." I had to ask.)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein