Tom came home and said, "It smells like Pine-Sol, but without the Sol."

Lisa writes: It was the 12th day of Christmas, Epiphany, Three Kings Day, Feast of the Theophany -- whatever you call it, Christmas was officially over yesterday and the tree came down. But not without a fight. First there was the search for hidden, tree-colored ornaments; then spilling slimy tree water onto the wood floor; and then dragging the 5-foot-wide tree out through our 4-foot-wide doors. If I were a tree, you know what I'd do? I'd take revenge. I'd drop as many needles as possible all over the house in retaliation for the indignity of being left out with the recycling at the curb. That's what I'd do.

I think maybe I was a tree in another life, because that's exactly what this tree did.

Our poor little vacuum cleaner didn't have a chance, that much was obvious, but I am resourceful. And I have power tools.

It was too bad, really. Tom left for tai chi class and there was nobody else home to see me sucking my way through the living room with the Black & Decker Leaf Hog. It was awesome.

Comments

Holly said…
You are SO SMART to think of the power tools!!! My tree is still waiting in the dining room (which is currently unfurnished), lying on it's side, waiting for a little masculine help to make it's way outside. Of course, it is fake, and I can't drag it or all the lights will break, but Steve doesn't want to put it in the boxes again. SO, it sits, and I wait. . .

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein