Empty nest

Lisa writes: Something bad happened. Saturday, three eggs. Today, none. Not a shell, not a sign of them. A crow? A blue jay? A magpie? Could have been any one of them -- they are all in our neighborhood every day. They are all known to eat other birds' eggs. Where did the momma bird go? I think she flew off to another place to recover and rest and wait for another summer.

Comments

Homewiththekids said…
What?! The nest is empty?! That would be so sad. Let me know if the mom shows up again. I'm getting attached to these little birdies! :)
Lisa said…
It really is so sad. I cried when I told Tom the news. :(

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein