Betsy and Baby Tom


Thank you, Betsy, for finding and sending this picture.

Tom is the oldest of two or the 4th of five, depending on how you count it. His father had three children in his first marriage and two more in his second marriage. There was a big gap in between the two broods. Tom is 17 years younger than his nearest older sibling, Betsy.

Despite the age difference, Tom and Betsy have always been very close. I think they are the most similar of all the siblings in temperament and world-view. What's funny, though, is how other people have perceived them. When Tom was little, people on the street always assumed she was his mom. Later, Tom started looking older, but Betsy didn't. (She miraculously never ages.) People started to assume she was his wife!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think we should reenact this same photo (at the same beach) and see what people say! OX, B

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein