Update: It's potty time

Lisa writes: Here's the latest on the potty time adventures. We're getting bids from two contractors. One has been sick for the past week. In a casual conversation (with no official measurements or anything) the sickie contractor said that this could put us back $10K. The healthy contractor came by twice with his electric and plumbing guys, looked and measured and poked around, and quoted us about half that price. A lot depends upon what kind of tile and fixtures we'd want. We'll be doing the demolition and hauling stuff to the junkyard ourselves.

(Sidenote: If you're ever looking for a really interesting field trip to take kids on, go to the junkyard. Absolutely fascinating. I'm serious.)

At the pricepoint of $10K, I was starting to chicken out of the bathroom expansion idea, but at half the price, maybe I'm still in. It would only be a couple thousand dollars more than just remodeling the existing space and we'd get a bigger bathroom.

Still waiting for sickie contractor to revive. We'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein