Craft Project: Lori's kids

Lisa writes: Construction paper in black, white, and two shades of gray. X-acto knife. Spray glue. Time. Got the idea from here.

Comments

Holly said…
I am ultra impressed. Wish I had mad skills like you!
Lin said…
I'm thinking about doing this and I've played around with some photos - any tips you can share?
Lisa said…
I just did the posterizing of my 8 nieces and nephews through Picnik.com. Here's what worked best for me:

1. Upload the photo, crop it, fix the red eye.
2. Click "Create" and choose "Black & White."
3. Scroll down and choose "HDR-ish." This turns on some very high contrast.
4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and choose "Posterize." Take it down to 4 colors, then fiddle with the Details up and down.
5. To capture and print the picture, I just used Ctrl+PrtScn and pasted the pic into Paint (I'm using a PC). Then cropped it and printed it.

One thing to be aware of is that the 3-color papercutting technique works best on older people with interesting facial texture. It's harder to work on little baby-faced babies because their flawless skin turns them into featureless pumpkin heads. I'd also recommend doing one person at a time, not a group shot.
Jamie said…
WOW. Once you left a comment aboutmy hidden art talents, but girl---these are amazing! I wsh MY kids had a crafty Auntie cuz I woudl LOVE to hang those in the living room!

How are your birthday plans coming along? I just told Richard I just want a temple date for my bday cuz I am all partied out after all the other birthdays/ funerals/ activities this month. But I'll be celebrating your [kind of a big deal] bday in my heart. Love ya, Lisa.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein