Buttermilk syrup sounds a lot more innocent than it is

Lisa writes: This recipe stands against everything I profess to believe when it comes to food. And it is absolutely delicious. You have been warned.

Buttermilk syrup (put it on pancakes or just mainline it)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon corn syrup

Combine ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon vanilla. (Warning: It will bubble up vigorously when you add the baking soda!) Stir to combine. Add 2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest, or 1 teaspoons cinnamon.

Comments

Holly said…
I think I will have to wait to come and visit you to try some of this syrup, since I just cannot bring myself to make it after knowing what is in it. However, I do have a fabulous buttermilk pancake recipe that would taste divine with the syrup, I am sure.:)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein