Rotating the water supply

Tom writes: We have three 15-gallon emergency water storage tanks in the basement and we've been told you should rotate the water every year. The first time I tried this, I tilted and poured the water into the drain in the middle of the basement. Or at least, that's where I attempted to direct the water. I made a mess all over the place. This year, I got smarter.

Just suck it up...
... and away it goes!
It reminds me of my time in Equador. After they cleared out the cisterns, they had to get the water going from the pipes up above again. Lung-power was the most available pumping system.

(Lisa writes: By the way, those a brand new hoses, purchased just for this purpose. The old ones in the yard are full of amorous slugs this time of year.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein