He's our kid

Lisa writes: Once when I was cleaning teeth at my dad's dental office and noticed that a father and his young son both had the same anomaly -- an extra cusp on an upper right molar -- and I made a comment like, "Hey, like father, like son." The mother heard me and, later, came back to tell me that the son was adopted. I said, "Wow! It's a sign!" and she smiled and said, "One of many."

So, here are our signs so far:

-- James was both with a sacral dimple, a little divot at the end of his spine. The doctor was like, "We'll have to keep an eye on that ... can indicate incomplete spinal formation ... blah blah blah."  Guess what? Me too! And the doctors said the exact same thing and we're both running around just fine on our dimples.

-- James and I both have the photic sneeze reflex (sneeze when we go into bright sunlight) and we both almost always sneeze twice.

-- James has long, skinny feet and long toes. Like, can't-fit-into-regular-newborn-socks long, skinny feet. Tom, too, is a AA shoe kind of guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein