Lisa writes: My coworkers and Tom are all a lot sneakier than I gave them credit. I thought I was coming in to the office this morning to train a new doctor (who "cancelled at the last minute") and then go to a managers meeting. The "meeting" turned out to be a baby shower, with Tom and the tiny guest of honor present! They had decorated the office, brought a cake, snacks, punch, a beautiful card and very generous Costco gift card (I think I may have mentioned that I shop at Costco a few zillion times), and the organizer, Anna, asked anyone who wanted to bring a gift to bring their favorite children's book. I like to think I was gracefully delighted as I walked into the room; Tom reports that I turned red and teared up.
 |
| My boss, baby, and coworker Briana |
 |
| Cake table |
 |
| Executive secretary Monica handling this like a pro |
 |
| Kinshasa. James isn't really as worried as he looks. |
 |
| James has something to say to all my nice coworkers: |
Comments