Every three months you get a new baby: Joseph at 16 months

Lisa writes: Joseph has become a new baby in the past two weeks. He's bigger, stronger, and more determined to do everything, and much too daring for his own good. Yesterday, when I went to pick him up, he was sitting on a little see-saw, energetically rocking back and forth. He was happy to see me and happy to be picked up ... for a minute. And then he was trying to wrench himself out of my arms so he could toddle over to a tricycle. I was surprised at how strong he was. I set him down, he got on the bike, backwards, and then tried to stand up on the seat. I talked him out of standing up and turned him around. I let him play for a couple of minutes, then it was really time to go. I had to peel Joseph off the bike, finger by finger, with him screaming on protest. This is not the baby I had two weeks ago. Amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein