Linguistic accomplishments
Lisa writes: An update on the impressive speaking skills of our 3 11/12ths year old and 16 month old children.
Joseph says dada. baba, and nahnahnahnah (no no no no no) and he means it. He randomly says mama, but it doesn't always seem to mean anything. He once said hi clear as day. He possibly maybe said helicopter and dog once. And today in nursery I think he said bubbles. (There were bubbles.)
James says poo poo. He has discovered the power of the forbidden word to elicit a swift and immediate reaction from adults. He's tried, "Poo Poo Mama," "Poo Poo Joseph," and "Poo Poo Dinosaurs." (The dinosaurs don't particularly care.) After many careful explanations about why poo poo needs to stay in the bathroom, he's discovered a loophole. "Mama," he begins, very sweetly and sincerely, "I won't call you poo poo anymore. Okay? I won't call you poo poo. I won't say poo poo anymore. I won't call Joseph poo poo. I won't call anybody poo poo. Poo poo. I won't say poo poo anymore....."
Joseph says dada. baba, and nahnahnahnah (no no no no no) and he means it. He randomly says mama, but it doesn't always seem to mean anything. He once said hi clear as day. He possibly maybe said helicopter and dog once. And today in nursery I think he said bubbles. (There were bubbles.)
James says poo poo. He has discovered the power of the forbidden word to elicit a swift and immediate reaction from adults. He's tried, "Poo Poo Mama," "Poo Poo Joseph," and "Poo Poo Dinosaurs." (The dinosaurs don't particularly care.) After many careful explanations about why poo poo needs to stay in the bathroom, he's discovered a loophole. "Mama," he begins, very sweetly and sincerely, "I won't call you poo poo anymore. Okay? I won't call you poo poo. I won't say poo poo anymore. I won't call Joseph poo poo. I won't call anybody poo poo. Poo poo. I won't say poo poo anymore....."
Comments