Bedtime: To be fair...

Lisa writes: To be fair, I should include the cute things Joseph and James do at bedtime.

Joseph: Snuggles. Wants to makes sure everybody has kissed him after prayers. If you forget to kiss him, he looks at you intently and says, "Uh! Uh! Uh!" until he gets his kiss.

James: After lights out, he wants to be wrapped in a blanket and sit in my lap for a while. He's getting too big for it, so it's less comfortable for both of us. After about five minutes, he announces he wants to go into his bed ("Bed.") instead, but he doesn't want me to leave. After singing and quiet time, and get up to leave and he says, "Huggy kissy?" He gets his hug and kiss, and often when he's hugging me he'll say, "I had a fun day today." That gets me, because I'm usually more focused on the things that happened that were NOT fun (getting stressed, frustrated, and upset with the kids). It's a relief to hear that he remembers fun things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein