Quarantine: Week 3 (March 29-April 4)

Yesterday, my friend and former co-worker, Chad, passed away of COVID-19 complications.


There have been a couple of moments when the pandemic felt "real," like when I saw the empty shelves at the grocery store, but this is the first time I've felt genuinely scared. Chad was a couple of months older than me. He was a bit overweight, but had no underlying conditions. He wasn't the high-risk category of this chart we've all been seeing for months. He should not have died.


And the most awful thing about death in a pandemic? You're quarantined. No one at the bedside. No gathering at the home. No wake. No funeral. No celebration of life. Just everyone, alone, sad, alone. It's kept me up a few nights.

But then there's this:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein