James' quarantine diary
Monday, March 30, 2020
James writes and dictates: I am 5. My birthday is in eight more days. I'm in kindergarten. My friend is Calvin. My teacher is Miss [Soo] Lee. I go to Kings Park Elementary School.
[Note from Lisa: The last day of school was March 12. They thought they'd be out for one or two days for teacher training. Then we thought we'd be out of school for a 14-day quarantine. Then school was cancelled for the rest of the year.]
I'm happy school is cancelled for the rest of the year. I don't have to do what the teachers say. Okay, I like recess. I miss my friends. I like going to Miss Sandy's house. [Lisa asks, "Does she make you do homework?"] Yes, of course.
I wish I could play with Calvin. ["Anything else?"] That's mostly all. ["Grandma was going to come for your birthday, but now she can't. What do you think about that?"] I wish she could come.
["Have we done anything interested since school's been out?"] Yeah, hug my mommy? ["Anything else?"] Yeah, play with a lot of toys ... go to Miss Sandy's house ... we found clay at the creek.
Sunday, April 5, 2020
Yesterday, I played Battleship with Sebastian K. [over video conferencing]. We played tic-tac-toe and drew [on the digital whiteboard]. We took a walk.







Comments