Moving Lisa East May 2006

Tom writes: One of our goals with this blog is to document different activities so that friends and family can enjoy them now. Another goal is to store them so that we can look back on them in years to come. This post is more aimed at the second goal, since it happened over the summer.

After discussing different pros and cons of where to live after we got married, we finally decided that Lisa would move from Denver to Northern Virginia. She had family in Colorado and I had family here. So it came down to jobs. She was not entirely enamored of her work in Denver, but I was looking forward to new opportunities in my job. Lisa would also argue that the real reason is that the only way that she will get me out of Virginia on any permanent basis is in a pine box ;-)

In the middle of May, I flew out to Denver and helped her finish packing. Then the two of us spent the next few days driving east, stopping along the way to visit friends (and sleep on their couches!). This video is about 10 minutes and captures the highlights of the trip. If you are really interested, you can also see the full-length version (about 50 minutes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein