One year ago
Lisa writes: On this date, one year ago, Tom proposed. Tom, tell the story again.Tom says, "We were in Colorado, at Lisa's parents' house.
Lisa says, "And you herded all of my family into the living room."
Tom says, "Like cats. It was like herding cats. And then I babbled something about how I've loved your daughter for years and I'd like to ask for your blessing to marry her."
Lisa says, "And then you asked everybody."
Tom says, "Madison said, 'Yeah, okay.'"
Lisa says, "Christian just shrugged."
Tom says, "Your mom was excited. And then everybody started talking, but I still hadn't asked you. I sat on the arm of the couch and said it as awkwardly as I possibly could. Like, 'WOULD you marry me?' I didn't say it like I meant to say it. And I forgot to kneel."
Lisa says, "And I said yes."
Tom says, "And then you burst into tears and I gave you the ring."
Lisa says, "And then on the way back to Denver I got a speeding ticket."
Comments
Love you both, Mom