And so it begins

Tom writes: Lisa and I came home from a meeting at church, took a walk, and sat down on the couch. We had a light dinner (several hours ago, Lisa is quick to point out) and Lisa's hands were shaking.

"I need some sugar," she states.
"Would you like some juice?"
"Sure"

So she joins me for a moment in the kitchen, and while I am getting the juice, she has grabbed a bag of chips and some salsa. I do not notice the cottage cheese. "Good idea," I think. "Maybe I'll have some too." So far, so good. We get back to the couch and I reach for the dip. This is when I notice (just in the nick of time) the cottage cheese - and the salsa mixed together. And I skip the dip, thank you very much. The irony, as we were sitting down before the shaking hands bit, she was having me read an entry on a website for pregnancies that said that at this point in her pregnancy:

"Studies show that up to 90 percent of women yearn for at least one type of food when they're pregnant. Don't deprive yourself, but don't give in to every single cookie craving, either — try some of these healthful alternatives instead." (source: www.babycenter.com pregnancy calendar, 6th week of pregancy)

I find myself wondering if this cottage cheese/salsa dip counts as a yearning...

Comments

Jamie said…
Cottage cheese and Salsa is a-licious even when you're not pregnant (I would eat Sala yogurt if they made it). Lisa, I am jealous that you can eat peppers and onions and go on walks still. My pregnancy diet is so lame...
it's all berries and whole wheat bread with peanut butter and lots of juice. But there are bad things in there like root beer and potato chips (which i dont' even LIKE when I'm not prego). Have fun with that guys, and don't forget to stock up now on the TUMS! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein