Freako the Wonderfish
Madison named him because of his easily spooked personality. He especially doesn't like it when you turn on the light in his tank. He dives down to the bottom and tries to bury himself in the rocks. I've been told this is a juvenile behavior: the fish equivalent of curling into fetal position. He also gets constipated on regular fish food. The high fat / low fiber content gives him gas bubbles and he gets stuck at the top of the tank. The trick is peas. Pinch a couple of peas and toss them in the tank.
Freako has outlived dozens of tankmates, one high-ammonia scare, two moves, and solitary confinement. I left him behind when I made the big move to Virginia. As much as I admire his rugged survival skills, I didn't think he'd appreciate the drive.
Viva, Freako. You are an inspiration to us all.
Comments