Babes in the woods

Lisa writes: Eager to make new church friends, we made the novice mistake of accidentally introducing ourselves to the chair of the Activities Committee. Two weeks before the ward campout. Would we be willing to be in charge of breakfast? Surrrrrrrre we would. The gigantic bags of just-add-water pancake mix and pre-cooked sausages (Costco, how I love thee!) and very extremely awesome box grill (thanks, Boy Scouts!) made this much easier. Still just as messy, but much easier. It was a fun, cheap get-away. Except for the $89 Aerobed. I'm way past the stage where sleeping on the ground sounds fun anymore.
On the left you have Tom at 6:30 a.m. coaxing the amazingly inflammable coals into life. On the right is Tom with a jug of water, cooling them off. What you don't see in between these two shots is the two of us frying up 60 sausages and about 100 pancakes. (One batch with chocolate chips! We do camp cooking in style.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein