Father's Day: from the Anderson side

Some of the best things about my dad were his playfulness and sense of imagination. And I think it tickled him pink to have little ones in the house to play with. He had this gift of being able to change gears quickly between being the adult and then being a little kid. As a kid, I don't think I realized it. But by the time I got to college, I was beginning to catch on. By the way, would it surprise you that my first "complicated" word was airplane?
Dad was also into history. His idea of a family vacation had to include something of cultural or historical value. Not knowing any differently, I thought it perfectly normal, and I have many fond memories of these adventures. This apple (me) did not fall far from the tree, I am proud to say. Here, we visited the Mayan pyramids at Uxmal, in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.
Comments