De colores: an expansion on Father's Day

When I was a little tyke, my parents took me all sorts of cool places. Here, we are in Mexico City, where both of my parents lived at different points before they got married. It is remarkable when I think back on it. My dad's health was not great and he had experienced some significant challenges in his life. My mom, too, had not had it easy growing up. But together, the two of them shared an optimism for the future that seemed to wash away the pain and darkness. And as I look forward to the years to come with Lisa, I am beginning to understand why they felt that way and I hope to follow in their footsteps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein