Potty Training

Lisa writes: I remember reading a young adult book, years and years ago, about this girl who lived in an old, old house and she lamented the fact that all of her stuff was old, old and out of style. Specifically, I remember her describing her old, old hairbrush with bristles "as soft as kitten fur" and totally useless for brushing her hair. The book had a happy ending. She convinced her family to hold a yard sale and it turned out that a lot of their old, old stuff was actually valuable antiques and she sold her old useless brush and got a new one that worked.

I'm thinking of this because I just searched for a picture of our old, old seafoam green toilet and sink. Tom and I are starting a "Bathroom Renovation" class tomorrow night (which we've affectionately started referring to as the "Potty Training" class) and our main objective for the class is to remodel our old, old master bathroom with the old, old seafoam green sink and toilet. Searching for the picture to the right, I made a discovery. These old, old seafoam green toilets are selling on the internet for $425.

Comments

Neal said…
Lisa:
If your sea foam green toilet is a C Briggs(from 1958) and you want to sell the tank and top, I can't give $425 but I would pay $100 plus shipping to Long Island. Mine cracked and I don't want to replace it with a white one. I've lived here since 1958 (guess I'm not big on change)

Neal Siegal
21 Reynolds Rd.
Glen Cove, NY
(516) 671-2534

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein