Bad things and good things

Lisa writes: Bad thing. We woke up yesterday morning to find that some jerk had tried to use a crowbar to wedge open the back door of Élison's car. Didn't get the door open -- and there wasn't anything to steal in the car even if he had -- but it bent the the door open a couple of inches and scratched the paint. Ugh.

Yesterday was also a city holiday, so there was nothing to do but tape a garbage bag over the gap in case of rain.

Good thing. Tom and Élison managed to bend the door back a little bit, which made them think it might be repairable. They took it to the shop this morning and not only can it be repaired, but it will only cost R$50. That's US$25!

So, bad news is that people can be jerks. Good news in that Brasilian cars are made out of tin foil.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ugh! Is right! Glad it turned out okay. Loved all the pictures as I read down. Such cute kids. I am sure after they were scared by "the Monster" you got them laughing. Sense of humor is different in diffent countries and even in different families. Lisa, You make us laugh and smile. I love you. Mom ( Safe travels)

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein