"E.T., liga para casa."

Lisa writes: Varginha is famous, country-wide, for being sort of the Area 51 of Brazil. Twenty years ago, three girls claimed to have encountered a space alien. The news went crazy. The government sent the army, etc. You watched E.T. You know the story. To commemorate their intraterrestrial good luck, they've set up a space landing zone in the main park downtown.
(These are worth clicking on. Ugliest soccer-playing alien souvenirs ever!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are right! They are especially ugly enlarged! Dad and I are home and there is a bit of rain, but like E.T. it is good to be "Home..."
Love, Mom
kimbo said…
How fun to be in Brazil! I heard all the "Barack Obamas" lost the election down there. Or was that another country? Anyway, the two elders we have serving in our ward are from Brazil. In fact, seems like half of Danbury is from Brazil. Seriously! We have a branch here with Portuguese speaking missionaries.
Lisa said…
Hi Kim, That's one more reason we need to come up and see you some time -- give Tom another chance to rock his Portuguese.

Popular posts from this blog

The Independence Month party continues

Our soul-destroying bathroom remodel in excruciating detail: Nearly done

"If I had known, I would have become a locksmith." Albert Einstein